10 Interesting Stats About Visual Content
1) The brain processes visual information 60,000 times faster than the time it takes for the brain to decode text.
2) Visual content makes up 93% of all human communication.
3) Your content can generate up to 94% more views if you add compelling visual elements and graphics.
4) 14% more views can be generated by press releases if they contain photos when published.
5) You can see a 37% increase in engagement from targeted customers if your article is optimized by adding more compelling visual elements.
6) With detailed images, you can get the attention of up to 67% of your targeted audiences.
7) 40% of users online will provide better and more favorable responses to a particular piece of visual content than other plain and text-based content.
8) 85% of internet users in the United States watch online video.
9) 26% of the 25 million smartphone users around the world watch online video at least once per day. (
10) Use of visual content in Facebook campaigns generates 65% more engagement after only a month’s practice. (Tweet This Stat)
Are you incorporating visual content into your marketing campaigns? How does it perform compared to your text-based content?
Written by Sam Kusinitz. Sam Kusinitz is an Editorial Assistant at HubSpot and a recent graduate from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Connect with him @sdkusin and forever Go Blue!